Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Wigs, hats, and scarves.

I am finally back to feeling normal. No weakness or nausea anymore. I do still get tired faster, but I'm not complaining about the naps. :) The only thing that has been hard the past couple days is losing my hair. I said before that they say it comes out between day 10-14, and mine came out day 13. I just rubbed my hands through my hair and about 10 strands came out in my hand. So, instead of having hair fall out in clumps, I just went ahead and shaved it. I cried, and cried, and cried while JP and my mom shaved my hair, but I'm okay with it now. It's just hair, right?! It takes some getting used to, but I'll get used to it and it'll all be grown back before I know it!

Everybody has been so, so, so supportive. I am so lucky to have such awesome friends and family. I am not always able to thank everybody as much as I wish to, so take this as a big thank you to anybody and everybody who is praying for me. I really appreciate it.

Mom has been taking lots of pictures, so I decided I was finally ready to show everybody my bald head. I don't have any pictures of my wigs yet, but those will be up as soon as I get some.

 Before.















During.











After.

6 comments:

  1. I am really proud of you!!!! You are my hero!!!
    Plus... no more shots for now!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pictures! You look so cute! Very proud of you!
    Love,
    Aunt Janey

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look soooooo cute! I truly mean it. You are so lucky to have a pretty head and scalp.
    I had my hair colored a few days ago and was telling my hairdresser (the daughter of a good friend of mine) that I was thinking of shaving my head too. But then we both looked at my reflection in the mirror, with my hair matted down to my head, and at the same time we looked at each other and said "well....maybe not!"
    I was not blessed with a pretty scalp nor your good looks. But, we all can't have everything.
    I admire you for looking at this as a temporary adventure...you have the right attitude...it IS only hair and will grow back.
    We love you Tori.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tori, I am with Judy. This makes me want to shave my hair. I have secretly wanted to have short spiked hair for awhile. Too scared to do it. Way to go girl!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sure that it was tough for JP to shave your beautiful locks too, but you are beautiful with and without hair! And it will grow back, the main thing is you have life and that's so much more important!

    ReplyDelete