Friday, June 25, 2010

Jaw pain.. go away!

Feeling much better today.. no more nausea and I've been able to eat pretty normal. Trying to gain back the 5 pounds I lost the last couple days. But, for some reason, one of my chemo medicines just wants to attack my jaw. Man oh man, it hurts! I don't understand what it is that makes the meds just attack my jaw.. but hey, I guess its better than aching all over, right?

Tonight will be my first night of taking my Neupogen shot. When I'm on chemo.. my body's white blood cells drop and cause my ability to fight infection to decrease. So, this shot will help with that. When my white blood cell count drops, the Neupogen decreases the amount of time it is dropped. My mom is giving me the shot and lets hope she doesn't use it as a stress relief like she did with the practice rounds yesterday.. jabbing at the fake skin! Haha, I'm sure she'll do fine :)

Got my hair cut yesterday.. very short! Its up to my chin, which is the shortest I've had it since I was very, very little. I think I really like it now, plus it should make the transition to bald a little bit easier. Also, I got a free wig yesterday from the "Wig Room" at McLeod. It's not my hair color, and it's not very cute.. so going to the beach tomorrow to see my sister and do some more wig shopping! Yay, let's hope I find something!

No more chemo again until Tuesday :) Update everybody then!

xoxo,


Tori

No comments:

Post a Comment