Monday, August 9, 2010

3 down.. 1 to go!

Sorry everybody.. haven't had much of a chance to update lately. It seems like the past month, I have been going and going and going. I just finished my 3rd cycle of treatment today, so only one more to go! I'll start that one the 23rd of August, start getting back into school, then get some radiation. Doesn't sound too bad, but when we all know impatience kicks in and it seems like it takes forever. I did talk to somebody today though that had a child going through a 3 year treatment course, so I consider myself very lucky!

This cycle of treatment hasn't been quite so bad. Just really tired and can't seem to catch up on my rest. I partially blame myself for that. I just hate lazing around. I would much rather be out keeping busy, even if my body is sometimes telling me not to.Which also probably explains my crankiness lately. I'm sorry if you've had to deal with any of it! I promise it's not personal. Just let me get through all this and I will make up for it! :)

All of the out-of-town family and friends have been passing through lately. It's been so nice seeing all of you!

Only a couple more weeks and I'll be back in school. I'm sure I'll regret saying this later, but I'm looking forward to it. Let's face it.. this isn't really the summer I was hoping for. Starting school means closer to ending treatment, and I'll finally be able to celebrate a break from school without having to deal with all this cancer crap!

I know I say this every blog entry, but all of your support has just been unbelievable. It has really helped me get through this and keep a positive attitude.. even if I don't always have the energy to show it. I owe all of you such a huge thank you.. and of course this won't be the last one you'll get. Things should start slowing down soon and hopefully I'll have more time to update, but until then.. keeping me in your thoughts and prayers is all I ask. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment